- grandMA3 User Manual
- grandMA3 Quick Manual consoles
- Intended Use
- Quick Start
- Technical Data
- Display Conditions
- grandMA3 Quick Manual nodes
- grandMA3 Quick Manual processing
- grandMA3 Quick Manual onPC command wing XT
- grandMA3 Quick Manual onPC command wing
- grandMA3 Quick Manual DIN-Rail
- Release Notes
New help version
The help version you selected belongs to an older software version. You may want to view the latest help version.
Table of contents of this topic
Symbols and Warning Labels
Warning – Danger area
Caution– Risk of electric shock
Risk of Electric Shock
The device is to be serviced by qualified personnel only as live parts may be exposed when opening and/or removing coverings.
Touching live parts may cause electric shock.
Dispose of as hazardous waste. Follow the applicable regulations.
For more information see Disposal.
Recycle the battery
Declaration of conformity
For more information see Conformity.
Operating voltage ON/OFF
Safety instructions for the built-in lithium-ion battery:
- The grandMA3 full-size, grandMA3 light and their CRV versions have a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (LiFePo4) for an uninterrupted power supply (UPS);
- All grandMA3 consoles have a memory battery on the MA Central Computer Board.
- Only use batteries approved by MA Lighting Technology GmbH;
- Misuse or improper handling of the battery can cause it to explode or the fluid inside the battery to discharge.
Note the following instructions in order to avoid injuries:
- Do not open or disassemble the battery;
- Do not drill holes into the battery or damage it in any other different manner;
- Do not short-circuit the battery;
- Protect the battery against moisture and humidity;
- Protect the battery against fire;
- Keep the battery away from children;
- Do not use the battery if it is defective;
- Do not try to exchange the built-in battery. The exchange of the battery must be performed by a service technician or a repair center approved by MA Lighting Technology GmbH.
We recommend charging the UPS battery at least once a year in order to avoid deep discharge. To do so, switch on the console, boot it up, and mind the status bar of the UPS battery.
Note the transportation regulations UN 38.3. – UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods, 6th edition, section 38.3.
For more information see Transport.
The device has to be grounded.
Do not ignore the safety purpose of the grounding-type plug. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding connection. The third connection is provided for your safety.
Follow the instructions and keep this Quick Manual for future use.
Follow all cautions and warnings stated in this Quick Manual and indicated on the device.
All repair and service work has to be exclusively performed by qualified service technicians.
- This device is state-of-the-art technology;
- However, residual risks cannot be ruled out;
- To avoid risks, follow the safety instructions;
- This device is intended for professional use only and is not suitable for residential use.
MA Lighting Technology GmbH does not bear the damage which may occur due to the inobservance of the safety instructions.
Changes or modifications to these devices not expressly approved by the party responsible for the compliance could void the user's authority to operate them.
These devices have been tested and found to comply with the limits of a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules and the CE Standards. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against possible interference when the devices are operated in a commercial environment. These generate, use, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with this Quick Manual, may possibly cause interference to radio communications.
Operation of these devices in a residential area is likely to cause interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at their own expense.
Avoid Risks Caused by Electric Current
A defective device or defective power cable can cause severe or fatal injury due to electrical shock.
Follow the safety instructions to avoid the risks caused by electric current.
- Do not use a defective power cable;
- Do not open screwed down covers from the housing;
- Use the device only if it is in a technically impeccable condition;
- Do not repair the device on your own;
- Do not reverse engineer the device, and make any changes to its components, and accessories;
- Do not expose the device to rain or moisture;
- Do not submerge the device in water.
To avoid injury or damage to the device:
- To avoid damage to the displays, do not carry or lift the device by the monitor wing;
- To avoid torsion, do not open the monitor wing lifting it up at one edge. When lifting up use both of your hands;
- Do not put your hands inside the device during operation;
- Device and power cable must be kept away from children under the age of 8;
- Children are not allowed to play with the device;
- Unplug the power plug to disconnect the power supply from electric voltage during thunderstorms;
- Switch off the console via the power switch if it is unattended for a longer period of time;
- Shut down the console via the Power key and switch it off via the power switch before cleaning the device;
- Do not use any liquid or spray cleaner. Use a dry cloth only;
- Do not use the device in the vicinity of water;
- Do not expose it to a humid environment;
- Do not pour any liquids over the device.
- Do not block or cover any ventilation holes in the housing. These are essential for the airflow within the device and protect the device from overheating;
- Do not insert any objects into the ventilation holes of the device as these could get in contact with live parts or could cause short circuits, fire and/or an electric shock;
- Do not place any objects on the power cable. Protect it from being walked on or pinched, particularly at the connector and where the cables exit the device;
- When using an extension cable, make sure the rated output of all devices connected in series does not exceed the maximum rated output of the extension cable;
- Do not support yourself on the device;
- Do not place any heavy objects on top of the device;
- Do not use excessive force on keys, buttons, faders, knobs, switches, connectors, or monitor wing;
- If the power cable or the main power plug is defective, let a qualified technician replace it immediately;
- Place the device on stable surfaces only. If it is placed on unstable surfaces, it may fall and break.
- Only use power cables which are safety-marked;
- Do not use high-power radio devices or cell phones near the device;
- The device is provided with a safety plug. This plug can only be used with safety outlets;
- As with all industrially manufactured goods, the use of substances that induce an allergic reaction such as aluminum cannot be generally excluded. If you develop an allergic reaction (such as rash, frequent sneezing, red eyes or respiratory difficulties), consult a physician immediately to determine the cause.
If one of the following conditions occurs, disconnect the main power plug and call your local distributor or the technical support!
- Power cable or main power plug is damaged or worn;
- Ingress of liquids;
- The device was exposed to rain or high ambient humidity;
- The device does not function properly, even if you followed all the instructions of this Quick Manual. Only operate the controls as stated in the Quick Manual. Incorrect control settings may damage the device;
- The device fell damaging the housing.