- MA Fixture Builder
- MA Fixture Share
- MA Vectorworks Spotlight Plugin
- Export and Customizing
New help version
The help version you selected belongs to an older software version. You may want to view the latest help version.
Table of contents of this topic
It is possible to import the fixtures into the grandMA2 onPC or the grandMA2 console.
Import to the grandMA2 onPC
1. To import the fixtures, copy the file into the importexport folder in the grandMA2 onPC:
C:\ProgramData\MA Lighting Technologies\grandma\gma2_V_xxx\importexport
C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MA Lighting Technologies\grandma\gma2_V_xxx\importexport
If you selected the option "One single Layer", type:
If you selected the option "One single Layer", you can merge additional layers without overwriting the existing layers.
3. Import the fixtures from the file:
Type the file name in the command:
-Without the xml. extension
-If the file name uses spaces, use quotation marks
If you used the option "All in Single Layer", type:
Place the file in the "gma2/importexport" folder or the
"gma2/fixture_layers" folder of your thumb drive.
If you use the "importexport" folder, the import syntax is Import "file name" At Layer [number of layer].
If you use the "fixture_layers" folder, the import syntax is Import "file name" At [number of layer].
- If the error message "File Not Found" appears, even though you have copied the file into the correct directory and the file is correctly spelled, change the drive.
- To make sure that the grandMA2 onPC uses the correct directory, type:
Click the Internal tab in the Backup dialog.
4. To exit the EditSetup directory, type:
5. If the import succeeded, check the Patch dialog.
Fixtures are now imported to the grandMA2 onPC.
Import to the grandMA2 Console
1. To import the fixtures, copy the file into the gma2/importexport folder on your USB flash drive.
2. Insert the USB flash drive into the grandMA2 console.
3. To change the media for the import, type:
4. Open the command line feedback.
Show file drive number 4 is the connected USB flash drive.
5. To change destination to the USB flash drive, type:
6. Proceed as described in step 2 to 5 in the import to the grandMA2 onPC.
Fixtures are now imported to the grandMA2 console.